Many people know that as you grow older so does the contents of your room! well, that’s very true for mee 😀
This is the story of my room renovation that I completed in 7 daysish
Before we start with pictures I had a process to go to the hardware store (Bunnings) and pick out colours I wanted for my room.I wanted my room to feel very light and calming so I choose very complimenting colours.
Choosing colours were very important to me, I believe that if the colours are right then the layout of the furniture in the room will just fit. It took me 3 days to choose these colours O_O
I think the reason why I changed my room layout, contents etc. so much was because I was never truly happy with how I designed it and the colours in the room.
Here is the timeline of work (Pictures are after this, scroll down if you don’t want to read)
- Day 1 – Go to hardware store and choose colours, take out most things in room that could get damaged.
- Day 2 – Continue getting things out of room, go back to hardware store and confirm final list of colours to choose from. Buy primer for walls and painting equipment. Clean walls with sugar soap.
- Day 3 – Get the 2 different paint colours, more primer. Start painting walls with white primer. (Here is where I went wrong, I forgot to put tape on the edges of the wall, floor and ceiling area 😦 ) Wait 20mins to dry and prime again (did this a few times as this wall was really dark blue and I wanted it light)
- Day 4 – Start with feature wall (I put the tape on at this point for all walls) and start painting the soft iris colour. I pained it 3 times to get it to desired colour depth. Start painting second wall (I only primed it once as it was already a light silver colour and painted it twice with the silver of blue colour)
- Day 5 – First two walls are finished! Put things back in those areas so I can work on last two walls. Clean walls, prime walls once, paint twice. (Hunny helped me with the last wall 🙂 )
The only reason I could paint so quickly was it’s a hot week so everything dried quickly.
- Day 6 – Fix up all little things and move things back into room.
- Day 7 – Enjoy my room, get rid of paint smell somehow.
During the painting process
So in the end my room has changed again, just little things and now I find myself bored 😦 because I feel my room now represents me and I’m VERY happy. I spent just under $200 in total because paint is quite expensive. I only bought one can of paint of each colour and 2 cans of primer. It was a lot of fun and would do it again!
If you like what you see, give us a like or follow 🙂
PS: I won’t be able to post everyday as my life is boring, and will minimum post once a week 🙂