Everyone knows how difficult it is to make something healthy! The other day was my brother’s birthday (he turned 9!) It reminded me of the time I made him a HEALTHY CAKE O_O
I used pintrest to get an idea of what it COULD look like.. but it didn’t This is a short description on HOW i made my unique healthy cake 🙂
- 1 GIANT watermelon
- 3 bananas
- 2 punnets of strawberries
- 1 whole pineapple (can used canned pineapple)
- 2 oranges
- 1 wintermelon
- 3 kiwi fruits
- bag o’grapes (red or green whichever gives the best colour!)
- 3-4 Kebab skewers
- Put watermelon on the side and cut into 4 parts. Cut away the skin and put aside
- Cut wintermelon into 3 parts. Cut away the skin and put aside
- Cut pineapple into small triangular pieces and put aside
- Cut bananas so there’s MANY circular pieces (put into water so it doesn’t turn brown) and put to the side
- Wash and cut the strawberries in half, put to side
- Peel oranges and cut like a mandarin 😀
- cut Kiwi fruit (be careful as they are FRAGILE) in half, scoop out of skin carefully and cut into half moon shape
- Take grapes of stem and put to side
hint: If you’re an OCD clean freak like me wash everything before assembling. Makes me feel sooo much better
- Put biggest watermelon section at the bottom followed by a wintermelon piece (Layer like this until you have desired height). Make sure the pieces get progressively smaller to get that cake layer look!
- DECORATE with smaller fruit (Creativity and imagination is key!). It gets a bit tricky keeping the fruit to stick to the sides.
- As you now know, it can feel like it will just fall as it’s slippery and layers will just slideeee. I kept my cake up using 3 skewers to help hold its shape.
- Take pictures and serve!
Guests REALLY enjoyed it! It was great for a hot summers day and the leftover fruit we made into fruit smoothies!
PS: This was the first time I have EVER made a fruit cake! It may not look as pretty as pintrest images BUT damn if it didn’t taste great!
Please like and follow if you like what you see! nomnom