Sometimes I get sick and CRAVE soup (like now, have a cold 😦 ). This is a short post on how i make my vegetable soup. It’s quite a big pot of soup so I put portions in those sandwhich resealable bags and put it in the freezer. It’s great for me, as I NEVER have time to cook! This took around 30mins and was very cheap, cost around $10 for everything I used!
- 1kg bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- Vegetable stock (I used 2 cubes mixed in 4 cups of water)
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Black pepper
- All purpose seasoning
- 1/4 cabbage
- 1 whole leek
- 2 large onions
- 1 BIG pot to cook it in
- 3 tsp vegetable oil (any oil will do)
- 3 cups of water
- Cut up onions to your desired size (I cut mine up bigger, as I like onion, and I wanted to sautè it first)
- Cut the leek – cut off green leaves, we only use the whitish/ white part. Peel off the most outer layer of leek and wash the leek to get any sand off (I cut my leek vertically, so I can see the layers and clean it a bit more easily for me). Then cut it up to desired size.
- Cut cabbage roughly (makes quite a mess!).
- Put the pot on the stove and heat it up. Once heated put 3tsp of oil and wait till heats up and lower the heat.
- Put the onions in pot first and sautè. Once soft and a bit golden, put in the cut up leek and cook it till it’s really soft.
- Put in vegetable stock once onions and leek are soft and golden. Turn up the heat!
- let it simmer, add the water, 1 cup at a time (remember to taste!)
- Add in rest of vegetables
- Season with pepper, chilli, all purpose seasoning. I purposefully (is that a word??) didn’t write measurements because it’s really up to you while you taste!
- Let it cook on medium heat. Once you have desired softness of the vegetables turn off the stove and you’re done!
I made mine quite spicy, and I eat it with a side of bread and salami! nomnom O_O
Please like and follow if you like what you see! 😄